Thursday, March 22, 2012

I would say Spring is in the air...but we seem to have skipped it and went directly to Summer. Today was a high of 27 and then that nastiest of nasty words Humidex was added we went up to 31 celsius whhha???? it's only March!! Oh well at least it hasn't been raining so YAY no mud... with 2 very active puppies this winter has been a never ending battle with mud..yep lots and lots of mud not quite what you think of for a Canadian winter is it? What a strange year 2012 is shaping up to be.
 I've been busy hooking away and have finished up a log cabin rug it's a gift so I won't post any piccys of this one. I've been slacking and am only half way through the basket weave crochet afghan. I'm hoping it will be done by next winter lol.
My gardens have been calling me and so far I have resisted the urge to work in them(just a little bit of puttering and weed pulling).It's been so tempting to plant a few things but I just know it's way too early and more than likely I'll just lose everything to a frost. Anyone given in to the urge?
 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't planted anything but I have thought about dividing up some of my perennials. I was behind last spring due to all the rain, and now it is soooo hot. I think I will go ahead and divide some stuff up because the plants are not waiting for the calender. I hope you have a good day. Lisa

    ReplyDelete